These state-specific toolkits have the resources your we will need to educate key stakeholders on the value of health and PE and why it should be a priority under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Highlights include:
· HPE fact sheets to share with decison makers highlighting how Michigan compares to national recommendations for PE and potential areas of improvement
· ESSA PowerPoint to present to colleagues and school leaders on the basics of ESSA, funding opportunities, and state and district implementation plans
· Michigan’s profile from the 2016 Shape of the Nation report
· Template ESSA support letters to customize and send to the governor, chief state school officer, superintendent or principal asking to be involved in any ESSA working groups and discussions
· List of key stakeholders to contact in Michigan
Click HERE to access our toolkit.